In a time of depressing headlines and uncertainty all around us, good news is very welcome. When Christians refer to the “Gospel” they are referring to the “good news” that comes from knowing and experiencing life with Jesus. Specifically, the good news refers to the truth of Jesus dying to pay the penalty of the world’s sin and conquering death by rising from the dead.
All of this was done to bring glory to God! However, we also get to share in His glory by having: renewed meaning in life, freedom from our sin-guilt, and life with God, in heaven, for all eternity.
5 steps to experiencing the “Good News” of Jesus
1. Realize that you are not God and that you are powerless to achieve favor or earn his forgiveness (Romans 3:23)
2. Believe that Jesus Christ is God, that He died on the cross for your sins and that He is risen from the dead (John 10:30, 14:6)
3. In a prayerful moment, turn
your life and will over to the care and control of Jesus
Christ and allow Him to work in and through you. (John 1:12)
I believe that you are the only Savior of the world and the risen King. Thank you for dying on the cross for my sins. I want you to come into my life at this moment. As best as I know how, I turn my life over to your care and control. Amen.
4. This moment marks the beginning of a loving relationship with God through His Son Jesus Christ.
5. Don’t continue this spiritual journey alone. Let us know of your decision to follow Jesus and experience His “good news.” We would like to continue to walk along with you as you have questions.