Post by Lee Stephenson on September 19th, 2011
- Hard to believe that we are nearing the end of September and our Parenthood series is now behind us. I have heard nothing but great things of how God has used this series in the lives of families at Harvest. I know that He has used in my life as well.
- I am really excited about our next series…”The Ghost.” A 5 week series on the Holy Spirit. I am praying that it changes the way that we look at God and our interaction with the world. In some ways…the Holy Spirit is the forgotten God.
- Today, I am two weeks away from leaving to visit Caleb (a church planter) in India. I will be traveling with another gentlemen from our church on October 3rd to witness first hand what God is doing in the country of India…and to see how Harvest can get involved in what God wants to do there. Please pray for our trip, health, safety, and clarity to see what God wants to do. More to come.
- I was encourage by the great morning yesterday. I got to meet another new family that came because someone invited them to come. I love hearing stories of our people investing in the eternity of others. Keep up the great work!!! You are making a difference in our community.
- Harvest Youth got up and running this past week and they had a terrific kick-off to the fall. If you have teens in your home or know families of teens please take this opportunity to connect them to a great ministry geared to help and guide them during these years. For all the details please contact Pastor Brian Baker.
- FYI: We are getting ready to move our office for the time being. Based on our current lease arrangement with the apartment complex we will be vacating our space come October 1. Partly because we would have to sign a lengthy lease in-order to stay on the premiss. As a leadership we feel that God has something different coming around the corner. Until that becomes more certain we will be working more remotely for the time being. What that means…First, you will probably find us in the local Starbucks or Paradise Bakery a little more frequently. Secondly, we are currently working to find something that fits our needs, makes room for the future, and fits our budget. Please continue to pray for guidance and God’s provision as we seek His will for Harvest. Thanks!
- Have a great week! And don’t forget to invite someone to join you this week as we start our new series.