Post by Lee Stephenson on January 25th, 2011
Sunday we talked about what it means to be a true worshipper of God. As the topic still is stirring in my heart I thought I would put together a few thoughts on different things that can hinder our worship.
Our worship will be hindered when…
1. Freedom of creativity is squandered. However, this isn’t a license to neglect proper preparation.
2. Mechanical routine and tradition begin to diminish authentic and faithful worship.
3. Self-love and independence become our consuming thought verses ascribing the glory that is due God’s name.
4. Prayer is absent from our everyday life.
5. Great worship becomes the object of our worship.
6. There is no personal preparation or thoughtfulness to what worship is all about.
7. Lose gratitude for the mercies of God.